Do you want some easy and original compare and contrast essay topics on which you can write your paper? This article will first take you through the topic selection process and then outline relatable issues in, among others, technology, healthcare and business subjects.
What is a compare and contrast essay?
It is a multi-paragraph piece of writing that explains how two (or more) subjects (ideas, people, places, opinions, thoughts, or examples) are similar or different. It also falls under the expository types of essays.
Comparing means focusing on the similarities, differences or both, while contrasting gives more attention to the differences.
When writing such papers, you should first identify a topic and find the most relevant comparison basis. For instance, you can compare two countries based on their economic growth or development.
Before listing some topics that you can write your paper on, let’s understand the topic selection process once and for all.
How to Find an Original Essay Topic
Arguably, finding a relevant topic – especially for thesis and research papers- has given students headaches. To avoid such instances, follow the following steps;
First, comprehend the instructions. Is the topic pre-determined by the professor? Or, are you allowed to choose one on your own? Always make sure you read the prompt inside out.
Then, brainstorm ideas. If you’re allowed to choose your topic, think of ideas you may want to write your essay on. Also, you should welcome and critique other people’s views.
Select a researchable topic. You should be able to read and understand the literature. What do other writers say about the topic you want to explore? Or, what did they miss out on? Any research gap?
Is the topic manageable? Will you manage to address the subject using available resources? If not, move to the next topic idea.
Then, list down some keywords you’d like to emphasize while writing your essay.
And be flexible – bear in mind that it could be possible to rephrase the thesis or topic during the writing process. Thus, your topic should not be too narrow or rigid. However, don’t make it too broad as well.
Also, define your topic as a question. For instance, ask yourself why you selected the topic and how you will present the ideas.
Now, conduct background research on the subject. It will help you understand the topic and conclude whether you still want to explore it. Did the analysis change your perception of the subject? What are some unaddressed issues?
Formulate a thesis statement and proceed to write your paper.
However, you can bypass this tedious process by picking any following topics. Alternatively, you can ask for help from professional writers.
Best Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
SmartWrite is the best website to run to when you’re stuck writing your essays or research papers. And since we understand that finding a unique topic could be tricky, we did the hard job for you.
All you need is to read through our topic examples and pick at least one that interests you. You may also want to modify it to suit your interests and the professor’s directions.
So, we’ll first list some general topics to write your comparison paper. Then list issues in education, technology, healthcare, and other disciplines.
Let’s get to it, shall we?
General Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
You may consider writing a compare and contrast essay on any following topics. However, make sure it’s relevant to your field as much as possible.
- Differences between Active and passive transport
- Articles of confederation and the constitution
- Athens vs. Sparta
- Beowulf and Grendel
- Brutus and Cassius Essay
- Chronological review is more relevant than methodology review
- Operant and classical conditioning
- Is a record better than a document?
- A function and a relation
- Aldehydes and ketones
- Sympatric vs. allopatric speciation
- ALU vs.CU
- Is C++ is easier than java?
- Ancient science in Egypt and Mesopotamia
- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa
- Apartheid in Europe and South Africa
- Benign and malignant tumors
- Descriptive and inferential statistics
- Being a teacher is better than being a doctor
- Greek and Roman artworks
- Consultancy proposal and consultancy contract
- What’s more urgent, creativity or innovation?
- Horticultural societies with agricultural societies
- Hurricanes and tornadoes
- In-situ and ex-situ conservation
- Infrared and ultraviolet spectrophotometry
- Innovation is more impostant than invention?
- Young adulthood with middle adulthood
- Young and old age
- Your DNA with that of a tomato
- Culture, ethnicity, and acculturation
- Data and variable views in SPSS
- Descriptive and analytic epidemiology
- Descriptive Statistics are better than infernal statistics.
- The direct and indirect method of contouring
- Disease management and case management
- Distance and displacement
- Driving in the winter and driving in the summer
- Expert and process models of consultancy
You can also select any of the following technology-related essay topics.
|Hire Expert Writers to Write and Edit your Papers||Check Prices|
Best Compare & Contrast Topics on Technology
You may consider writing your technology comparison essay on any following topics. Feel free to use any, or modify it to suit your needs.
- Are Laptop computers better than the manual typewriters?
- ROM (Read Only Memory) and RAM (Read Access Memory)
- Static vs. dynamic IP address
- Bluetooth vs. wifi technologies
- Is life more satisfying with or without Facebook?
- Microsoft Office and LibreOffice
- The variation between Samsung Phones and Apple Phones.
- Internet of Things vs. Machine learning
- Is life better with or without mobile phones?
- Tablets are better than phones, discuss
- The variation between memory and Human memory
- Reversible and irreversible cell injury
- RISC and CISC architecture/computers
- Rest and soap web services
- 8th generation computers vs. 1st generation
- The versatility of video calls versus long-distance drives to visit your loved ones
- Email messaging vs. traditional postal service
- Guidance and counseling
- Hardware and software
- Zoom vs. Google meet
Yet, you can still opt to pick any of the following biology or health-related compare and contrast essay topics.
Great Biology or Healthcare Essay Topics
The following are some great topics on biology or healthcare for your compare and contrast essay.
- Are US healthcare systems better than UK’s systems?
- DNA and RNA
- Similarities and differences between animal and plant cells
- Vaccines vs. antitoxins
- Sexual and asexual reproduction
- Virus is worse than Bacteria infection
- Skeletal and cardiac muscle
- Spermatogenesis and oogenesis in human cells
- Aerobic vs. Anaerobic Respiration
- Digestion/absorption of starch vs. proteins in humans
- Is Type 1 worse than Type 2 Diabetes?
- Veins, arteries, and capillaries
- Cellular respiration and photosynthesis
- Chemical versus physical changes
- Is lung cancer severe than skin cancer?
- K-selected species and r-selected species
- Mitosis and meiosis
- Genotype and phenotype
- Growth and development in human beings
- Innate and adaptive immunity
Compare & Contrast Essay Topics on Education
You may want to write an essay on education on any of the following 20 topics.
- Is life with a personal tutor better than life without
- MLA, Harvard, and APA referencing styles
- Junior and senior high school
- The 7-4-2-3 system is more relevant than 8-4-4 system
- The bottom-up curriculum and the top-down curriculum
- Compare and contrast the terms education and learning
- Books are better than movies?
- Essays and research papers
- Essay on qualitative vs. qualitative data
- Life in college is tougher than life in high school
- Going to university vs. getting employed
- Life with or without education
- Longitudinal and transverse waves
- Are private universities better than public ones?
- Oral and written communication
- Online learning vs. face-to-face
- The education system in the US vs. South Africa, etc.
- Western education systems are more advanced than Islamic ones
- Canada vs. Australian approaches to health education
- Various theories of teaching and learning
Business Compare & Contrast Essay Topics
Here are some superb business compare and contrast essay examples. Feel free to select at least one for your assignment.
- Economic growth and development in the US or Canada?
- Perfect competition is more practical than monopoly
- Leadership, management, and power
- Public company and partnership
- Financial accounting and cost accounting
- Is balance sheet more important than the income statement?
- Free market and command economy
- Financial and managerial accounting
- The differences between goods and services
- Internal audit is more prominent than external audit
- International business and international trade
- Comparing Real and nominal GDP
- Is sole proprietorship better than partnership?
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Pure and perfect markets
- Registered transactions vs. exempt transactions
- Traditional commerce and e-commerce
- Two top trade unions in Canada
- The unemployment rate in Asia and Africa before and after Covid-19
- The growth rate in agriculture-based and industry-based countries of your choice
|Hire Expert Writers to Write and Edit your Papers||Check Prices|
Top Religion Compare & Contrast Topics
Maybe you are studying theology or religion studies? Well, these topics are perfect for you. Remember, you may either opt to work on any topic of your interest or modify it as you seem fit.
- How Judaism, Christianity, and Islam differ.
- The churches in Jerusalem and the church in Antioch
- African way of worship before and after colonization
- Elements of Christianity vs. paganism
- Religion and Philosophy
- Abraham and Moses
- The Bible and Quran
- Religion in Africa before and after colonization
- Religious activities in America vs. South Asia
- Morality vs. ethics or culture
- Catholics and Protestants before and after 19th centuary
- Hinduism and Buddhism essay
- The life of John the Baptist and Jesus
- Mosses had less faith than Abraham
- Faith and human will
- Religion before and after the 10th century
- Life with religion and with not
- Quran Hadith and hadith Qudsi
- Judaism concepts and beliefs before and after 20th century
- Characteristics of Pharisees and Sadducees
Bonus Compare & Contrast Essay Topics
Want some more essay topics? You can still select any of the following issues and write your essay asap.
- An essay on Heat and temperature
- Heat exhaustion is worse than heat stroke
- Horizontal integration and vertical integration
- Interviews are worse than interrogations
- How Isoquant and indifference curve differs
- Jamestown and Plymouth
- Job-order system is better than process costing system
- Is your mother tougher than your father?
- Zeus and Prometheus
- Z distribution and T distribution
- Facilitated diffusion and active transport
- FDMA, TDMA, and CDMA techniques
- Formative and summative assessment
- Freedom is way better than liberty, do you agree?
- Freud Piaget and Erikson theories
- Functionalism and conflict theory essay
- George Wilson and Tom Buchanan
- Globalism and informational
- Greedy algorithms and dynamic programming
- Capitalism is better than socialism.
By now, I hope you have some ideas that you can consider while finding a topic to write your comparison paper on. These topics are prevalent on the web and have pretty of information to write on.
Should you need to be more specific, consider narrowing down or concentrating in a particular region. However, before picking a particular one, confirm if it is relevant in your niche.
Then conduct background research to see if there is the availability of research materials.
So, did you find at least five compare and contrast essay topics to write your paper on? If you did not, leave a comment, we’ll advise you and consider updating the article soon. If you did, still leave a comment, and share the article with the close ones.
You can also request professional help from our experts to turn your essay topic into a fantastic piece of writing. Order Here.